Saturday, September 22, 2012

Back again

Haven't written in a while.. I wasn't sure where to go with this blog and where to go in my life. I was thinking about that a lot these past months and I came up with some ideas about where I want to go and what I want to do. And even some accomplishments that brought me a few steps closer to my dreams ;)
I am now in Berlin for one and half years travelling only rarely within Germany to visit friends and family and that drives me more and more crazy, that I haven't been "really" travelling for so long..
I need travelling. I need to see the world out there, get inspired by it, experience adventures, meet different cultures and languages and people. That is a basic need of mine and without expressing it, I am unhappy.
But I have other needs as well. I need the means for food and clothing and fun stuff, I need some kind of home, and if I want to travel, I need some kind of method of transportation.
I also need to express myself creatively. And well, there are still some more things I need.. nature, information, spirituality etc...

So how to juggle all these needs? That has been my assignment in life for the past three years and will still be for some time...
One thing has been especially difficult to even come up with an idea for that could actually work: Combining travelling and complete flexibility with sustaining myself. After many ideas that were more long term and that would not bring about any money in the near future, I finally had one great idea that would actually bring together creativity, fun, fitness and earning some money on the road:
Hoop Dance! Yes, Hoop Dance!
I totally fell in love with dancing with a hula hoop, I love giving workshops and I have fun building hula hoops and taping them in all kind of colors.
I can sell my hoops in any flee market or just on the road, I can give workshops in whatever town I'm at and I can do street art with Hoop Dance in any city. It seems perfect and I hope it really is..

You can check out my Hoop Dance blog here:

http://hoopilicious-mango.blogspot.de/

So that's my dream: Travelling and earning my money with Hoop Dance.
But there are still some things that have to be done...
I need a car. For all the hoops I want to sell and also because it is so much more easier travelling with a car instead of hitch-hiking and the many other ways of travelling aren't even possible because of my dog..
But first I needed my drivers license - and I have taken this step towards my dreams already. On the 31st of July I passed the test and got my license.
So now I need a bus. That task is not an easy one.. To find one that matches my needs.. But I'm on it.
And the next thing is to save some money to be on the safe side. To earn money on the road might not work right away and I don't want to return too soon because of money problems.. Also I need some money in the beginning to invest into making the car nice and comfy, buying stuff I'll need on the road like a solar panel etc..
I think, that when these things stand, I can finally go back on the road. And I really hope that can be soon, but I have no idea how long it'll take me to save up the money and find a nice car..

And about this blog: I decided to use this blog as my thoughts & travel blog. Having all these different topics like recipes and travel and art in one blog is not my thing.. So I'll be separating it some time, when I have time off from all my work on the Hoop Dance Business ;)

See you soon and have fun following your dreams ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment