Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What do you want to be?

Well here's a post about veganism again. I know, I said just in my last post, that the topic of veganism will be moved to the new blog, but I don't want to talk here about recipes, and not even about animal rights or our health. I want to talk about the inevitability of a vegan world.

I just watched this video on youtube and came to a realization. This realization made me more confident about veganism and its future and it lifted a weight from me. I am now confident, that veganism IS the future. Probably not because a majority goes vegan because of a personal choice, because of the animals or their health. I think most people need a lot of time to make these connections and many may never. Veganism is the future because there is no alternative. People will be forced to go vegan, because the way we eat and live right now is not sustainable for very much longer. There will be a tremendous change in all areas because we are now speeding towards a wall. Either we hit it and destroy ourselves, or we manage to change the direction in time. And I think we will. I think we are not suicidal, we just have a slow reaction time, and we are probably also short sighted and just begin to see the wall. But we do want live. Like any species, we have deep inside us survival instincts. We, like all species, want our species to continue, and if we personally wouldn't make it, then at least our species had to.

We have to change, we will be forced to at some point. So, why not change now already? Why not go vegan now, because we want to, instead of being forced to do it later? We now can make a conscious choice out of it, we now can be pioneers. Later on we'll be just following the masses..

So, what do you want to be? A pioneer, or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment